I must start by appreciating Sayari TV and Citizen TV Stations for giving the Peace Building Process along the Nandi Luo Border the kind of coverage they did. We need the Media to be part of us as we roll the gains towards a Comprehensive Peace Aggrement dubbed the Kibigori Chemase Peace Treaty which the people will sign at Kibigori on the 25th May 2012.
as serene as the Nandi Hillis; photo taken on the 20th April 2012
Secondly, I must thank all our Partners who made the events of last week be the success they were. We are thankful to people of Nandi and Luo along the common border, more so to Mzee Henry Rotich of the Nandi Gaa Kaburwo, Ex Chief Mzee Kipsutko Koech, Mzee Benjamin Chumo and Mzee Douglus Otiato- the Chairman of the District Peace Committee Muhoroni District for their efforts at finding an everlasting Peace Settlement.
Thirdly, we are very appreciative of the Government of Kenya, the National Steering Committee on Peace Building and Conflict Management and the Provincial Administration led by the 4 area DCs Muhoroni, Nandi East, Tinderet and Nandi South. We were impressed by your resolve to sort this Peace Business once and for all.
We are inviting all Men and Women of Goodwill, People who believe in Peace to join us as we conclude this Peace Building process between the Luo and the Nandi.
Now, I want to sincerely thank the People of Eldoret and the Municipal Council of Eldoret for all joining in the Eldoret Clean-up Campaign at Kapsoya on the 21st April 2012. I was with the Team at Kapsoya and unfortunately, I had to leave for Nairobi immediately after the launch. But on behalf of the KCDN and The Monthly Nationwide Clean-up Campaign, I want to extend our sincere appreciation to all the people who took part in the Clean-up and more specifically to the following teams;
- the Municipal Council of Eldoret
- the Provincial Administration led by Chief Musa Kaitany
- the area Cllr Mr George Mbugua
- the students from the School of Environmental Studies at Chepkoilel Campus of Moi University led by their Dean Dr Vincent Sudoi
- the students from Eldoret Polytechnic led by Mr. Kimani Yego
- the Middle Sosiani Water Resource Users Association led by Mr. Paul Lelei
- the Eldoret Local Urban Forum led by Mr. George Kirui
- the Centre for Community Dialogue and Development led by Mr. David Busienei
- Huruma Farmers Company led by Mzee Kinyanjui
- Community Eye from Huruma Estate
- Nakumatt Supermarkets
- Langas Matatu Operators Group
- Dash neighbourhood from Kapsoya
- Wazo Bora from West Indies
- Kisip Group at Kapsoya
- Barkites Self Help Group
- Art Youth Group from Mwanzo
- RoadCar Youth Group from Race Course
- Nema Team led by Mr. Ayub Asila
- Settlement Executive Committee led by Madam Tabitha
- Kapsoya Charity Youth Organiztion
- Tumaini Kamukunji Women Group
- North Rift Youth Alliance
- and the KCDN and The Monthly Nationwide Clean-up Campaign Team.
You have once more proved to us that Kenyans believe in a Clean Kenya and we are joining hands to make this a reality.
If you want to view our action photos, please visit our Facebook Pages. Our dates on the Camera must never be an issue. We have decided never to concentrate on the Camera Dates.
Lastly, we want to remain grateful to all the Friends of KCDN who have kept giving us their support to enable us travel and organize such great events. You are the Pillars upon which a New Kenya is being built.
Odhiambo T Oketch
CEO KCDN Kenya,
National Coordinator- The Monthly Nationwide Clean-up Campaign
Tel; 0724 365 557
Facebook; Monthly Nationwide Clean up Campaign
Facebook; Odhiambo T Oketch